Virginia to enter Phase 3 on July 1
Virginia will enter Phase 3 of its Forward Virginia reopening plan Wednesday, July 1, Gov. Ralph Northam announced Tuesday.
Here are the changes that Phase Three will bring:
- Occupancy/capacity limits will be lifted on retail stores, restaurants, bars and breweries.
- Museums, zoos and other outdoor entertainment venues will be allowed to open at 50 percent capacity, serving a maximum of 1,000 people.
- Gyms and fitness centers will be allowed to operate at up to 75 percent capacity.
- Personal grooming and hair salons will still need to follow physical distancing requirements.
- Child care facilities will remain open.
- Overnight summer camps will be closed.
- Recreational sports will still require physical distancing.
- Swimming pools will be able to operate at up to 75 percent capacity, with physical distancing in place.
- Face coverings will still be required in indoor public spaces.