Rappahannock Area Health District planning next vaccination phases
The next phases of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution will get under way soon, and Fredericksburg-area businesses and organizations that qualify are asked to provide information to the Rappahannock Area Health District (RAHD) using the links below.
The RAHD is working expeditiously with the local hospital system to administer the COVID-19 vaccine as it becomes available. While the supply is limited, the COVID-19 vaccine will be provided to specific groups of people over a number of phases.
Businesses and organizations that meet the criteria outlined in a specific phase are asked to designate one point of contact to complete the appropriate form and submit it to the RAHD. A health department staff member will then follow up with the businesses and organizations about a vaccination clinic.
Information about each phase is below.
Phase 1a: Healthcare Providers and Long-Term Care Facilities
- Vaccination of this group is currently underway.
- Click here for more information on Phase 1a.
- Click here for the survey link for healthcare providers.
- Note: if your organization has already scheduled a vaccination clinic with RAHD or the local hospital, you do not need to complete this form.
Phase 1b: Frontline Essential Workers, Persons Aged 75 years and Older, and People Living in Correctional Facilities, Homeless Shelters, and Migrant Labor Camps
- Vaccination of this group will begin the week of January 18 and continue for several weeks.
- Click here for more information on Phase 1b.
- Click here for the RAHD survey link for frontline essential workers.
- Click here for the RAHD survey link for individuals age 75 and up.
Phase 1c: Other Essential Workers, People Aged 65 through 74 years, and People Aged 16 through 64 years with a High Risk Medical Condition or Disability that Increases Their Risk of Severe Illness from COVID-19
- The local timeline for vaccination of Phase 1c has not yet been announced.
- Click here for more information on Phase 1c.
- Click here for the RAHD survey link for essential workers in Phase 1c.
- The survey links for individuals age 65-74 and individuals with high-risk medical conditions are still under development.
For more information on COVID-19 in Virginia, please visit https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/.
We thank the RAHD and our local hospitals for their efforts to distribute the vaccine. Together, we can stamp out COVID-19 and resume life as we knew it!