The 36th-annual Music on the Steps concert series will be presented live and in person this summer starting June 7 in downtown Fredericksburg.
The concerts will be held at Market Square on Mondays from 7-8 p.m. throughout the summer. Masks will be required for those not fully vaccinated, and physical distancing is required. Attendance will be first-come, first-served until capacity is reached. The entrance will be from Caroline Street. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own chairs or blankets. In the event of inclement weather, recorded performances will be posted at a later date on librarypoint.org.
Here is the schedule for the series, which is put on by the Central Rappahannock Regional Library in partnership with the Fredericksburg Area Museum:
- June 7 – The Acoustic Onion (Beatles + 60s/70s rock n’ roll)
- June 14 – Colonial Seafood (Ukulele Americana)
- June 21 – Nick McAlister (Acoustic rock, blues, country and originals)
- June 28 – Spanglish Latin American Band (Latin American)
- July 12 – Dan Trull (All types)
- July 19 – Laurie Rose Griffith and Peter Mealy (Americana, Folk, Celtic, and Original)
- July 26 – Hālau O ‘Aulani (Hawaiian traditional music + Hula)
- August 2 – Semilla Cultural (Afro-Puerto Rican)
- August 9 – Fredericksburg Concert Band (Traditional concert band music)
- August 16 – Steven Gellman Trio (Contemporary Folk)
- August 23 – Zachary Smith and the Dixie Power Trio (Zydeco and New Orleans Jazz)
- August 30 – Gloria’s Imagination Band (Rock, soft rock, soul, country of the 50s-80s)