The meeting is part of the City’s Small Area Planning process for Celebrate Virginia and Central Park. It will start at 6:30 p.m. in the Club-level area of the stadium. City residents, property owners and businesses are encouraged to attend and give feedback.
Highlights of the Small Area Plan for Celebrate Virginia and Central Park include:
- A focus on the Rappahannock Riverfront, including a “Wild Riverfront Park”
- Updates to interstate access planning
- The next evolution of streets and roads
- Pedestrian, bicycle and transit connections throughout the area
- A special events and tourism district around the new stadium
- Expanded open spaces building on existing features
- A short-, medium-, and long-term vision for a Central Square concept in some of the underutilized portions of the area
- A transect-based land-use plan
More information related to small area plans are available here.
People with questions can contact Fredericksburg Senior Planner Mike Craig at 540-372-1179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.