As the rays of sun beam down on Fredericksburg for the summer season, we are excited to re-open the back patio at the Fredericksburg Visitor Center (706 Caroline Street) during regular Visitor Center hours (9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays this summer). In that spirit, we felt it fitting to highlight some of our favorite courtyards in downtown Fredericksburg.
If it is a nice summer day, and you are looking for somewhere to sit outside, here are some wonderful spots with courtyards and patios in downtown Fredericksburg:
- Courtyard Marriott – Surprised? We assume not; it’s right in the name! During your stay at the Courtyard Marriott at 620 Caroline St., enjoy some sunshine in their back courtyard as you prepare to explore Fredericksburg.
- Curitiba Art Cafe – A hidden gem behind a beloved gem, Curitiba Art Cafe’s tucked-away patio at 919 Caroline St. is the perfect spot to enjoy an espresso or craft cocktail.
- Eileen’s Bakery & Cafe – Eileen’s is a bakery with so much heart, and their courtyard at 1115 Caroline St. is no exception. Their Whipped Peanut Butter Cake only tastes better when savored on their back patio.
- J. Brian’s Tap Room – In addition to an extraordinary beer selection, J. Brian’s Tap Room at 200 Hanover St. has a lovely courtyard behind their restaurant. Enjoy the Chicken Rebley sandwich while admiring the ceramic flowers that give this courtyard such character.
- Maggie’s Subs – This delectable sandwich shop at 820 Caroline St. courageously stayed open for everyone during the 2022 blizzard; now, during the summer, it is our turn to help them out by enjoying their gorgeous, multi-level courtyard out back!
- Wild Hare Cider Pub – This new, delicious cider spot at 205 William St. has possibly the largest patio downtown. Situated between Wild Hare and the surrounding buildings, this patio is the perfect hideaway to sip on a mango habanero cider.
We cannot wait for you to enjoy these gorgeous courtyards and patios in downtown Fredericksburg!