The Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce is hosting a career readiness event, aimed at middle school aged students, to bridge workforce gaps. Businesses may sign up for free to be an exhibitor.
Workforce issues are a top issue businesses face each day. Experts say workforce gaps that currently exist, as well as projected gaps, need to be addressed as early as middle school. As a result, the Chamber is partnering with ALL local schools, both public and private, local industry and even the Department of Defense, to host a large career readiness event for eighth grade students. On October 9-10, about 7,000 students will bus in to the Expo Center to walk the exhibit floor and see, touch and experience the various careers in our region.
- This event is open to all businesses regardless of membership with the Chamber.
- There is no cost to the business to be an exhibitor.
- Booths should be hands on, interactive, and tailored to the eighth grade level. (The Chamber is offering booth training setup at their office.)
- Use of the VDOE Career & Tech Career Clusters and Pathways is the model for how businesses will be grouped. (There are 16 areas to be filled.)
- The event is on October 9-10, with a setup day on October 8 at the Expo Center.
- There is strong support and partnership from all school divisions.
The more interactive the better! There is always plenty of space for creativity, vehicles, displays, etc. This is not a traditional trade show!